Therapeutic Massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress; and, to promote health and wellness.
Therapeutic massage incorporates a variety of advanced modalities that enhance the body’s natural restorative functioning. Light to firm touch is used to release tension, relax muscles, increase blood and lymph circulation, and impart a sense of calm. Therapeutic massage can be used as a collaborative, supportive addition to conventional medical treatment of illness and injury, alleviating pain and stress, aiding soft tissue healing, and revitalizing the body. Also, regular massage can enhance health, providing relaxation, release of muscle tightness, relief from anxiety and tensions, and balancing aspects of body/mind/spirit. Therapeutic massage:
- Shortens recovery time from muscular strain (by flushing the tissue of lactic acid, uric acid and other metabolic wastes)
- Improves circulation without increasing heart load
- Stretches the ligaments and tendons, keeping them supple
- Stimulates the skin and nervous system
- Reduces emotional and physical stress
If you have particular muscle tension or chronic pain, therapeutic massage may be for you. Dennis will assess where you need treatment and what may be causing your pain. Conditions such as sciatica, carpal tunnel, stiff necks, headaches, work injuries and many more can be eased with a therapeutic massage.
Therapeutic Massage Calgary Therapeutic Massage Calgary Therapeutic Massage Calgary