Sports Massage is a specialized form of massage that uses pressure along with long, rhythmic strokes to relax muscles. With this massage, the therapist will usually concentrate on a specific area, specific to your activity, and may employ massage therapy trigger point techniques to help break up adhesions (knots) in muscles, thus improving range and flexibility.
Sports massage was originally developed to help athletes prepare their bodies for optimal performance, recover after a big event, or function well during training. Sports massage emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries to the muscles and tendons. But you don’t have to be and athlete to benefit from sports massage. Sports massage is also good for people with injuries, chronic pain or restricted range of motion.
For more serious athletes looking for that “something extra”, sports massage is a great way to enhance your performance. Dennis will assist athletes by reducing their chances of injury, increase muscle elasticity, and reduce recovery time. Sports massage therapy will benefit any sports training routine.
Benefits of Sports Massage Therapy:
- Encourage general relaxation or readiness
- Reduce anxiety/competition stress
- Increase feelings of well being
- Allow you to recover from everyday training load
- Assess and treat a minor injury before it becomes worse
- Help you reduce the risk of injury
- Fine tune treatments with specific techniques with trigger points and areas of stress
- Relieve tender areas before they become a problem
Sports Massage Calgary Sports Massage Calgary Sports Massage Calgary