This time in your life will go by so very quickly. Make the most of it and enjoy every moment.
Prenatal Massage not only makes a woman feel pampered and more emotionally grounded, but offers a variety of physical benefits as well. Prenatal massage is a great way to reduce stress and promote sympathetic nervous system sedation (relaxation). It increases blood and lymph circulation and supports the physiological processes of gestation, by supporting the work of the heart, increasing cellular respiration, reducing inflammation and contributing to sympathetic nervous system sedation. Pregnancy massage alleviates stress on weight bearing joints and muscular-fascial structures, especially the sacro-iliac joint, spine, hips and erector spinae musculature (the muscles of the back and hips).
Pregnancy massage is a wonderful way for a woman to honour her body and all the changes at this very special time in her life. The overall goals for prenatal massage are to help minimize stress, promote relaxation, and prepare the muscles for childbirth. Specific benefits can include:
- Relieve Headaches
- Reduce Fatigue
- Help alleviate morning sickness
- Alleviate backaches
- Relieve leg cramps
- Reduce swelling/edema
- Enhance sleep
- Relieve pain from varicosities
- Prepare pelvic muscles for birth process.
Even when a birth has gone as smoothly as possible, a woman’s body still must undergo quite a bit of structural realignment. Postnatal Massage helps restore a mother’s muscle tone in the abdomen and reposition the pelvis.
Postnatal Massage Benefits:
- Relieves tension from birthing process and hastens recovery
- Encourages pelvic and abdominal organs to return to per-pregnancy positions
- Increases energy levels and reduces fatigue
- Aids in returning uterus to normal size
- Provides emotional support
- Relieves shoulder, neck and arm tension from breastfeeding
Pregnancy Massage Calgary Pregnancy Massage Calgary Pregnancy Massage Calgary